The Town of Berwyn Heights declared a local State of Emergency on March 13, which will remain in effect until the State of Maryland's State of Emergency is lifted. The Emergency Declaration allows the Town Council to suspend Berwyn Heights ordinances and rules normally regulating Town affairs. Please see the attached public service announcement for all changes in operations made due to the emergency.
- Changes include cancellation/ postponement of the May 5 Town Council election, as well as in-person Town Council meetings;
- Cancellation of most Town meetings and events;
- Closure of Town Center and Senior Center;
- Suspension of notary services at Town Hall (emergency notary service will be provided at Police station, 5411 Berwyn Road);
- Permit applications accepted electronically via email or US postal service (most permit applications are available at Town website/ Code Compliance);
- Police and Public Works services continue to be provided as usual.